5 Key Reasons a Website Matters
Updated: Dec 7, 2021
By Alyssa Hilstad
Many businesses don't see a reason for building and maintaining an up-to-date website. Read on for some talking points highlighting why the quality of a website can help or hurt a business.
Why does my business need a website?
According to the Search Engine Journal, 93% of business decisions start with a search engine. Here are 5 reasons why a website with good quality content and a fresh design matter:
1. It builds loyalty and trust by showing that you are professional and legitimate.
2. It quickly provides customers easy access to who you are and what you do.
3. It may significantly reduce call volume by answering common questions from customers.
4. It opens doors for your business 24 hrs, whether that is through making your business more profitable, making hiring easier or setting your business up to sell.
5. Lastly, it allows you to reach many people all over the world that want to buy your products or use your services.
Per impression, the cost for a website is very low. Not only does a website increase your business's visibility by allowing you to reach more people, but it also promotes credibility by showcasing your business's professionalism.
Do I need to market my business in 2021? YES! Read more here.
Why do I need to update my business's website?
Website designs usually become outdated after 3-5 years. Having your website updated to current standards contributes to your business's brand, professionalism, and credibility.
Not sure if your website needs an update? If your business has a secretary that answers the phones, ask that secretary if they ever get comments about the website, or if they are embarrassed by it. This is a good indicator of whether or not your website needs attention.
Here are four practical reasons to keep your website updated to current standards: